Our studio currently has close to 20 members. All members will know how the equipment works, how to keep the studio clean, how to maintain the kiln shelves and most of all, how to graciously share common workspaces. When requesting to become a member, we ask that you demonstrate understanding of "Clay Basics" by taking a short quiz before starting your membership.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Sign a binding contract and accident/liability waiver.
- Pay monthly Use fees on or before the 1st of each month.
- Give one month's notice of departure
- Be able to work unsupervised
- Be respectful to other members and maintain their confidence that you will be conscientious around precious creations by other artists.
- Be able and commit to some physical labor to keep this studio clean and in good working order.
- Please check with your doctor before committing to a membership.
- Some lifting, mopping and scrubbing will be performed as part of regular maintenance and clean-up.
- Wear safe footwear. This means that only closed toe shoes are allowed in the work spaces.
Membership in our studio mayalso allow you to:
- Learn how to to load, program and fire an electric kiln
- Unload the kiln
- Assess firing fees to those whose pieces were fired (using the firing slips and measuring guidelines provided;)
- Scrape loose kiln wash from kiln shelves
- Assist newer members when they have questions about how things must be done.