Get Centered Clay Studio
Our studio is used by 18 members currently. All members need to know how the equipment works, how to keep the studio clean, how to maintain the kiln shelves and how to get along with one another. For this reason, we ask that you understand all of the "Clay Basics" by taking a short quiz and demonstrating your skill level to the owner.
To be a member, you must be able to work here unsupervised, and all of the other members need to have confidence that you will be trustworthy and concientious around so many prescious creations of the other artists. All Members must be able and commit to contributing some physical labor to keep this studio in good working order. If you have a "bad back" or other health problems, membership is not a good option for you. You must also wear safe footwear. This means that while working in the studio, members must wear closed toe shoes.
Membership in this pottery studio may require that you learn to load, program and fire an electric kiln, unload the kiln and assess firing fees to those whose pieces were fired (using the firing slips and measuring guidelines provided;) scrape loose kiln wash from kiln shelves and wipe off the dust with a damp sponge, mop the floors of the studio to clean off dust and spills of glaze and splashes, clean table tops thoroughly (even if you were not the person to leave them dirty) and assist newer members when they have questions about how things must be done.
We all must do our best to keep our studio as dust free as possible, but all clay studios have dust problems. It is important to your own health, and to the health of others to follow the advisable industry safety protocols at all times. There may not be employees here, but OSHA regulations exist for a very good reason!
1. You must be a legal adult.
2. You must sign a binding contract promising to adhere to our regulations, and to accept that working in a warehouse is not without risks. You must sign a legal waiver promising not to sue the business owner or the building's owner should an accident/injury occur on the premises.
3. Monthly Use fees must be paid no later than the 1st of each month.
4. Contracts are month-to-month, but a one month's notice of departure is necessary to allow time for the owner to find a new member.
5. Fees are currently $200 a month for a Full Shelf Unit/ $100 for a half shelf unit.
If you would like to become a member, we do have openings available. Please call and leave a message, or send an email via the "Contact Us" page.